I am, therefore...

Moose bites, sociopolitical ponderings, and other quality programming.

Friday, October 08, 2004

csithoughts {MANY SPOILERS}

The Ups and Downs of Watching TV with One's Family

Yes, I watched CSI with both my mother and the 18-year-old brother present. The opening setup was standard, and then David showed up. I have a little crush on David.

We move on to the two best looking members of the cast wading through miles of sewer. (Catherine: "Can't we at lest draw straws?" Grissom: "No.") I love the old guy on the bench ("I'm not holding the bus!").

Greg gets to observe his first autopsy, while Grissom fails to completely disguise his amusement. (Me: "Grissom's being mean to Greg. See! He's smirking. Asshole.") I love the doc, though. So matter of fact. After, Greg and Sara have a short yet profound conversation about Greg's lost virginity.

The incredibly beautiful people finally discover both daylight and the cause of death (stupidity). Then there's an incredible shipper moment between Catherine and Warrick, with me telling my companions, "Of course they have to have a thing with the two best looking people on the cast."
And I'm thinking to myself, 'She did recently break up with Krychek's less-sexy-but-just-as-evil twin.'
I'm also thinking, 'I could totally be bisexual for those two.'
Then some guy stops the shipper moment and gives them a new case, which they enthusiastically add to their workload.

*
18-yr-old: "So, they just forgot about the other case?"

Me: "Well, they solved it, and now they have this one. They need unusual cases for tv, so they show this."

18-yr-old: "Gettin' pretty thin."
*

We move on to a fucked-up family with lots of bombs in the house. Sara and Warrick steal a door, and W/S shippers find moments there, too.
Everyone searches the house, until the bomb squad decides to blow it up. (Me: "Cool.")

Grissom makes unsubtle comments to Sara. Later, she tells him not to worry. "I don't have a death wish, and I'm not a drunk."
"I'm not worried," says Grissom. "I'm...concerned."
("I totally saw that line coming!" crows Me.)
"Aren't they the same thing?" asks Sara, with a bit of a smile. 'Cause people want to be worried over, even when they don't want to be worried over, you know?

At some point Grissom gleefully conducts a disgusting experiment, with Greg's..assistance. "This is some kind of CSI hazing," comments Greg. "You're trying to make me appreciate blood and semen."

Our brilliantly competent CSIs crack the lies spouted to them in the interrogation room, and it is once again driven home that the family that builds bombs together goes to separate prisons. And that highschool boys can be very stupid.

We end with Sara watching the teenager's home videos, spliced with a conversation about how people could get to that point; hostile enviroment leads to hostile behavior, etc. Sara looks intently at the backyard activities on the tv screen, hinting to the viewer about what might be in her past.

*
Me: Sara has a messed up family thing, but we don't know exactly what. They hinted at it last episode.

18-yr-old: I don't care, Ray.

Me: Screw you. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home