I am, therefore...

Moose bites, sociopolitical ponderings, and other quality programming.

Monday, April 11, 2005

To wed

So one of my best friends, Maria, got engaged earlier this year, and is now planning the wedding, reception, etc. And I get to hear all about it, because I'm good to vent to.

She called me up the other day, very excited because they've decided on a place for the reception, and her father is going to pay for it. Woohoo! This is a very bright spot in a sea of parental opinions.

Maria says that all her already-married co-workers have told her, at one time or another, to elope. 'Trust me,' they say. 'Just do it. Now.' Cuz its just too much hassle.

I let her vent to me about whatever may be frustrating her, then say, "This is why I never want to have a wedding." It was determined long ago that I could very well show up one day and say, "By the way, I got married over the weekend," very nonchalant.
They also think I'm the most likely to marry for money. Strangely, I'm not offended by this assessment. What's the saying?
Chocolate, cheesecake, men- some things are just better rich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home