I am, therefore...

Moose bites, sociopolitical ponderings, and other quality programming.

Friday, April 15, 2005

A Dog's Life

I'm housesitting right now. The house includes a slightly spoiled only dog; fairly large, as Rottweilers are, and such a sweetheart.

One of the neighbors has a NewFoundland. This dog makes Sage (my Rottweiler friend) look small. "He's the only dog she likes," says Floss (dogmom). Sage doesn't like the Boxer who lives across from the country club- they have a "thing", she informs me.

Sorta tangential: I'm taking Sage for a walk earlier, and as we pass a fenced yard she suddenly starts pulling at the leash, barks a bit. I crane my neck to see what she's worked up about. ..It's a little dog, barely taller then the grass of the lawn. And now it's barking. Except that dogs that small don't really bark. It's a little yippy dog.
These dogs have the same coloring, black and tan; I think the other is a miniature daschund. It's the funniest thing; this yippydog is about the size of Sage's head, yet they're barking at each other through the fence. Ah, the world of Dogs.

1 Comments:

At 4/22/2005 2:51 PM, Blogger Lixta said...

I don't get comments. So I'm commenting on that fact, just so I have one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home